Coconut Sugar Treats, Dairy Free Peanut Brittle Recipe
This sweet, crunchy and moreish snack is very easy to make. It only needs 4 ingredients to make. But aside from being easy to make, it’s also very easy to burn. These tips can prevent you from doing that! Watch your pot and thermometer literally every second and don’t leave it. You have to be patient and better to take it slower and use lower heat to heat up the sugar. A reminder to be very careful not to burn yourself because the sugar substance is very hot! To reassure you, this one is worth all the trouble.
- Ingredients of coconut sugar peanut brittle recipe:
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (I roasted some raw ones in the oven)
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 6 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp salt
- How to Make Coconut Sugar Peanut Brittle
- Have your roasted peanuts, salt, a wooden spoon, a rolling pin, and 2 sheets of parchment paper ready on the counter.
- Place sugar and water in a medium-small heavy-bottomed sauce pan (heavy-bottomed is important, otherwise the sugar is more likely to burn).
- Warm on medium high heat until the sugar is dissolved into the liquid, stirring occasionally. Once mixture begins to simmer, lower heat.
- Stick a candy thermometer in the pan and allow the mixture to cook until it reaches 275F (close to hard crack stage). Keep a close eye to make sure the mixture doesn’t burn towards the end of the process.
- Once the sugar mixture is ready, take it off the heat, quickly stir in salt and peanuts. Scoop the mixture out onto a sheet of parchment paper. Cover with a second piece of parchment and roll out into a flat shape with a rolling pin.
- Allow the brittle to cool an hour or two — until dry. Remove the parchment paper and snap the brittle into pieces.
- Enjoy! Store in an air-tight container at room temperature or refrigerate.
Inspired from: Coconut Sugar Peanut brittle
Interesting, right?! Well, you should try it.It's very worth all the trouble as imention it before. Don't forget to get your high quality coconut sugar, from the reliable Coconut Sugar Producent for the best healthy result.